In this course we offer an introduction to the techniques and styles of professional writing, which include reports and correspondence. Its purpose is to help improve skills of effective business communication in both oral and written situations. After successfully completing this course, students will have access to skills that will help them communicate more effectively in a variety of professional situations.
Each project in this course is paired with specific readings and resources necessary to complete tasks for each lesson. Students will earn great experience with reading, research, and analysis of popular business articles and current issues, as well as working with teams.
Completion of this course will expose students to the following areas of professional writing:
- Business Letter (Cover Letter, News Letter)
- Press Release
- Promotional Video
- Report (Progress and Informative Report, Business Plan)
Course Objectives: After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Evaluate usefulness, relevance, stylistic elements, and rhetorical components after analyzing written and verbal communications
- Think critically about rhetorical choices and audience awareness
- Compose progressive and persuasive written, visual, and oral texts for diverse audiences
- Recognize and apply the qualities that are associated with successful business writing, such as, correctness, coherence, conciseness, and clarity
- Design eye-catching documents with informative details
- Effectively present your ideas and messages through the use of technology
- Perform research utilizing a wide range of sources, synthesizing and analyzing the quality and details of the collected information
- Communicate ethically
- Write a variety of workspace documents and texts such as, resumes, emails, letters, memos, and reports.
- Practice effective collaboration with peers
Role-plays, dialogues, translation, completion, text reading and discussion, audio recordings, listening, small summaries writing and other activities available to your teacher methodic structure of the course, etc.
Homework and homework check:
Homework is provided every lesson and given 5-10 minutes before the end of the class. Home tasks may vary in dependence on skills being developed. Every lesson begins with check-up of your homework;the typical home assignments for this program will include retelling, text reading and translating, vocabulary study, grammar exercises for completion.
The progress test is mandatory to check and control the advance. The assignments of the test are obligatory to include business etiquette check by meeting or telephone talk role-play, topic discussion, letter writing.
The Final Exam assumes oral (this may involve discussing, telephone talk role-play, text and writer writing assignments. The exam is credited by points. Every task (oral\written) is marked with max 25 points. If you make a mistake you get one point less. So you seem to succeed if you get not less then 80 points.
At the end of your course you can request the certificate on education. The certificate is awarded to students who complete the program and who don’t possess any financial and other obligations before American Cultural Immersion. To claim the certificate you must succeed in passing the final test.
We have different services that are offered for groups and companies! Please call us at+1(866)589-9043 or email us at email@example.com for more information about our Professional Writing Course.